Chemical Safety Tips
- Never mix chemicals together. The result could be fire, explosion, or release of dangerous gas.
Most spa chemicals are harmful if swallowed many can injure skin and eyes.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Always store chemicals in a cool, dry, well-ventilated place.
- Chemicals must be kept in their original containers.
- They must never be stored next to a heat source or open flame.
- Always add the chemical to the water, never the water to the chemical.
- Always follow label instructions for any chemical spills.
- Know the first aid instructions for all the chemicals you use. Keep emergency medical and poison control numbers handy. In case of emergency, call the poison control center nearest you or call 1-800-654-6911.
- Donâ€™t smoke and handle chemicals. Some of the fumes are explosive.
- Keep concentrated chemicals away from lawn and plantings.
- Always make sure containers are tightly resealed immediately after use.
- Always wear the proper protective equipment (rubber gloves, safety goggles, etc.) when handling chemicals.
- Fill spa with water and add 2 tablespoons (4 capfuls) of Spa Essentials Stain and Scale Control per 300 gallons during filling. This establishes initial protection against staining and scaling.
- Test spa water and balance as needed. Maintain proper water balance factors to help protect spa equipment and ensure comfortable water.